This is the post about the text shortcut phrases I use on android phones.
We all know how much inconvenient it is to type long repetitive words/excerpts on tiny mobile keyboards. Luckily, there are few ways to use technology for our convenience (as almost every time).
There are certain apps & ways that “expand” what you type to what you actually wanted to type; kind of like shortcuts e.g. typing
ty will expand to
thank you & such.
Also, the app can assign some dynamic values like current date, hour, minute, day, month, year in number/word formats. It can also detect the case of shortcut first letter & expand the phrase first letter to same case i.e.
ty will expand to
thank you; &
Ty will expand to
- Huawei Honor7 with Android
- Lenovo A6010 with Android
- Textpand Pro - Play Store Link
Shortcut - Phrase - Remarks
- ?.- (?) - to imply that if what I say/ask is true e.g. WiFi down (?) is it?
- andor- and/or
- bjd- dd/mm - Bullet Journal Done
- bjt-mm/dd ddd: - Bullet Journal Today
- btw- by the way
- coz- because
- ctn- Can’t talk now, will call back, Sorry!
- dcm- DavChana.com - My Photo Website
- dcn- Dav Chana - My Full Name
- dcr- email@example.com - My Work Email
- dfb- http://davchana.com/fb - My Facebook (now defunct)
- dgm- firstname.lastname@example.org - My Google Email
- dgp- http://davchana.com/gp - My Google+ Profile
- digm- http://davchana.com/ig - My Instagram Profile
- dint- din’t - need not to go to symbols section of keyboard
- dont- don’t - same as above
- dsin- Davxxxxxx Xxxxgxxx - My Full Name
- dtw- http: //davchana.com/tw - My Twitter Profile
- e.bear- ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ - e stands for emoji
- e.lenny- ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) - the famous lenny face
- e.shrug- ¯\(ツ)/¯ - shrugs
- fmin- I will be there in five minutes..
- gmg- Good Morning!!
- gmh- Good Morning, How are you?
- hbda- Many many happy returns of the day to you! Here’s wishing you a day filled with fun and delight!! - Happy Birthday A
- hbds- Happy Birthday!! Enjoy - Happy Birthday Short
- hru- How are you?
- hsf- Have a Safe Flight!! Enjoy - have safe flight
- htps- https:// - again, no need to go symbols section of keyboard
- igc- #Canon #60D #18135mm #DavChana - Instagram Tags for Canon Camera
- igf- #Fuji #FujiFilm #XA1 #1655mm #DavChana - Instagram Tags for Fuji Camera
- ighw- #Huawei #Honor7 #Phone #DavChana - IG Tags for Huawei Phone, igh comes in many words like hIGH, nIGHt etc.
- igs- #Sony #alpha #a5000 #1855mm #DavChana - IG Tags for Sony
- igtags- \n\n#TravelGram #ThroughMyEyes #Travelling #Europe #2015 #GoodTimes #TravelBug #Moments #Live #Breathtaking #Beauty #Life #InstaGood #InstaLike - Quick Instagram Tags
- lbb- I Love You!!
- mpl- My pleasure
- nws- No Worries:)
- ok- okay
- omg- Oh my God!
- otw- on the way
- plz- please
- ppl- people
- ssa- Sat Sri Akal.. - Way of Greeting in Punjabi - Wikipedia
- tcb- take care, bye!
- thts- that’s
- thx- Thanks
- ty.- thank you.. - dot is required, because ty comes in many common words like naughty; & dot is on the same screen as alphabets on keyboard
- tyvm- Thank you very much.. - initials of the phrase
- vsrc- view-source: - to quickly view the source in Google Chrome Android, click in URL bar start, type this
- whod- https://who.is/dns/ - to quickly view the DNS records of current domain in Google Chrome Android
- whow- https://who.is/whois/ - to quickly view the WHOIS records of current domain in Google Chrome Android
- wru- Where are you?
- yawc- You are Welcome
Saved around 69K+ characters by using this.